Author Topic: Fusk?  (Read 9492 times)

Offline Panzer

• View Profile
Fusk?
« on: 2002-12-02, 01:47:54 »
Stod vid AMG stealthad. Ut kommer 4-5 albar. Kutar rakt fram, viker av 90 grader, osså börjar dom hugga på mig.

Kan ju iofs varit en Scout med TS i närheten, men det där med 90 grader störde mig så inni helvete. För det var dead on me. Ingen letning. För de som kom var ingen av dem Scout.

Vet att Stinko råkade ut för en liknande grej. Iaf var det en illluktande grej det där.
Thane -Skaldur, SB  etc... -  at Ywain but dorment.
-------------------------------------
Quaker - RM (Uth)
Pungkross - Zerk (Uth)
Billig - SB (Uth)
Kaerring - SM (Uth)
Pest - Shaman (Uth)

Jehannum

Fusk?
« Reply #1 on: 2002-12-02, 08:52:33 »
Om det var någon med TS i gruppen så roterar han garanterat kameran när han springer för att se så mycket som möjligt. Gör jag jämt när jag har TS igång iaf, så om någon står 90 grader från mig är det inget problem att se honom ändå.

(och engelska ska det eg. vara på publika forumen, menmen).

Offline Stinko

• View Profile
Fusk?
« Reply #2 on: 2002-12-02, 09:30:13 »
Mmm.. I were standing behind a tree in Cruachan and had been there for atleast 45 mins waiting for some poor hib to whack down. During this time 4 fg, some smaller groups and some grey hib had ran past my hiding tree and none had shown any signs that I were visible where I stood. (It was a GRAN and you can hide pretty well behind those and it was not a lone tree like the christmas tree in yggdra where you kinda know an alb is hiding.

Then suddenly Jeanelle (or whatever his/her name is) - a solo 50 Champion with haste runs past the tree approx. where all others had ran past. Then he just stops and makes a 45 degree turn and looks STRAIGHT at the tree.

Edit : He stood looking at the tree for atleast 10 seconds

I think "Whatta hell" and does a Nearest Target to check if he perhaps had spammed the button and had me as a target. I couldn´t target him with nearest target and then neither could he. He couldn´t have seen a lag-ghost since I had been standing on the exact same spot for 45 minutes. Well, so I´m staying hidden behind the tree waiting for him to continue up to Emain, since I want to take the initiative when making an attack from behind.

Then I suddenly get a Insta-DD on me from this Champion and at that range only Snare reached, so I casted it and started to run away since I lost the initiative. Some seconds later I´m at half health and I think I must mess him so I get away. It all ends with me dying and he at 25% health.

I were 1 millimeter from making an appeal to GOA and suggest that they check wheter Jeanelle uses radar programs or not, but I didn´t bother since I 1 sec before that decided to stop play DAOC.
« Last Edit: 2002-12-02, 12:58:37 by Stinko »
Stinka - Warden Hib/Excal - avregistrerad och parkerad
Stinko - Skald Prydwen - infinite(?) break

Lanfaer

Fusk?
« Reply #3 on: 2002-12-02, 11:06:07 »
Oldbone discovered a few crossrealmers yesterday, big names within LoE it seems, nothing is for certain tho so they might be framed, but still .. their asses are grass if its true and we're the lawnmowers :P

Offline Svartur

• SU Member
  • Se upp för mördarkaniner
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sveaulvar.com
Fusk?
« Reply #4 on: 2002-12-02, 11:19:37 »
Quit using swedish on the public forums please.

Public = english

Gwaya start moderating swedish post.

And to the subject, Jehannum is right. I rotate the camera all the time to while moving so if you spot someone you just imediately turn in his direction.

In Stinkos case, she could have been left clicking on the tree. Then she will get you targeted since you are non-stealther but it doesnt sound that likely maybe. But it is one possible explenation.
« Last Edit: 2002-12-02, 11:22:35 by Svartur »
Svartur - Big in Japan / Small in USA

Scarto SM rr72
Healur WP rr54
Svartur SW rr48

Offline Stinko

• View Profile
Fusk?
« Reply #5 on: 2002-12-02, 12:12:26 »
Originally posted by Svartur
In Stinkos case, she could have been left clicking on the tree. Then she will get you targeted since you are non-stealther but it doesnt sound that likely maybe. But it is one possible explenation.

Yes, my thoughts too. But on 2nd thought - not very likely to click on a tree you just have passed or will pass in ½ second. Well well...

Offline Cero

• Waaagh! Smasher
  • BaF Officer
    • View Profile
Fusk?
« Reply #6 on: 2002-12-02, 12:22:41 »
I just say 1 thing. Get rid of RA's and DAoC will be more fun to play. By getting rid of RA's you will not have zerg's, not 10 stealthers camping pk's, more groups, noone is über cause of FA,IP,Purge etc... in other words a really nice game, but now..bah..just hate it. RA's simple made this beautiful teamplay game a soloing rp farming game. Just like childlish Diablo 2, it's sad but true.
~~Bulle af Fetstryk~~

Ardrias

Fusk?
« Reply #7 on: 2002-12-02, 12:32:16 »
As for clicking trees:

I always do it, since I know myself I like to hide in them, so why shouldnt others?

And cross-realming:

Good, nail the fuckers

Offline Stinko

• View Profile
Fusk?
« Reply #8 on: 2002-12-02, 12:42:28 »
Ardrias - You click on every tree you pass?

I remember I clicked on lone trees like the christmas tree in Yggdra ´cause they are obvious hidingspots. But in a forrest full of such trees..... you can´t honestly tell me you click on every tree to see if you find one invader, every time you run past them, over and over again??

I rest my case, don´t wanna turn this into a annoying flame thread

Offline Nightal

• SU Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Fusk?
« Reply #9 on: 2002-12-02, 12:50:22 »
well i spam the closest enemy button when i run
if we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Offline Stinko

• View Profile
Fusk?
« Reply #10 on: 2002-12-02, 13:00:19 »
Made an edit on my first post to better describe what happaned

Torfa

Fusk?
« Reply #11 on: 2002-12-02, 14:30:00 »
well there i always daoc unleashed or whatever its called, but the whole standing and watching you for 10 secs seem weird, i dont know

Offline Blotgjutir

• SU Member
    • View Profile
Fusk?
« Reply #12 on: 2002-12-02, 14:48:16 »
Originally posted by Cero
I just say 1 thing. Get rid of RA's and DAoC will be more fun to play.

I'm not sure i agree there. Look at midgard before the RA's. We had the most L50 players and EoO and Warders owned emain but you gained nothing by farming RP other than a new even longer and easier to spot nametag over your head. You got BP but you couldnt buy anything with them.

...Most ppl left for other realms or other games...

Now instead of doing the same as EverQuest and makeing it possible to become 10 lvls higher with every patch or expantionpack the sat down and figured out another way to keep L50 chars on the servers. RA's didnt even out the game tho i think they tryed to with regars to the basic skills and abilitys that the different realms had. Maybe it isnt the best way of dealing with the problem but i still play and I think its better than to just farm BP in order to buy health reg vials off the guys in Jordheim.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Regarding stealth cheats, well there are those radars, spyes or crossrealmers but i think there rather unusual. Atleast on the european servers. I've myself run straght trough penne with stealth and camouflage and have had infils running straight towards me unstealthed and starting to chop ritght away. "IT" happens.

I myself use to spam F8, klick trees and if you come close enough you get that bloody text over the chars head and you can bet your sweet hiny that it sticks out from/trough the tree bush youre standing behind. Most commonly you can see this just outside Vinsudal where there is a lone bush where less intelligent (if there is any in the other realm) players tend to rest. you never see them but you see the text sticking out of the tree, and youre able to select them.

Jeez im spamming away, i should get 10 posts for this one =)

//Blotis
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
RIFT Blot
<Inaktiv> AION Puman Asmodian Templar Perento
<Inaktiv> WAR Blot SW, Blodpalt BW, Ozis WH - Svea Ulvar
<Inaktiv> DAOC Blotgjutir, Hunter Svea

Offline Stinko

• View Profile
Fusk?
« Reply #13 on: 2002-12-02, 15:22:47 »
I´ve studied some of the DAOC packet sniffing programs available and now I´m even more certain that I´ve met H@x0r l33t c00l DAoC lamers several times.

The free open-source DAoC packet sniffers requires two computers, one running daoc and one running some unix clone analysing the trafic with the sniffer, and plotting EVERYTHING in your area in full screen graphics. Including name, health, guild, your mother´s name, state of drunkness and so on.

I take that as evidence as when players stop and look at you location doing nothing they are probably cheating. They have spoted you on the radar on the 2nd computer, but can´t locate you in the game because you are too well hidden in trees (in my example).

Yeah, show me your l337 h@x0r ski11s you freckin cheater s-o-b
« Last Edit: 2002-12-02, 15:26:41 by Stinko »

Offline Stinko

• View Profile
Fusk?
« Reply #14 on: 2002-12-02, 15:38:10 »
Relic raid with one sniffer on computer nr 2.