Author Topic: dark days ahead for SB's?  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Maester

• View Profile
    • http://
dark days ahead for SB's?
« on: 2003-04-26, 23:45:46 »
This post pretty much sums it up, if LA is nerfed as severly as current testings are showing:

We have 50 more hits by design.
We can only spec a STR based weapon by design.
NS are the only assasin who can get AP by design.
I think most would agree that shadowrun is the worst of the 3 class RA's for assasins by design.
If you are a kobold, you have 50 base str(60 without wasting points in creation) by design.
the "insignificant" spec points(2.2 vrs 2.5) an infitrator gets are quite significant. As a 5spec, I could only get my Sword to base 37 to keep 39la, 34cs, 34env, 34stealth and I based this on a RR6 template. As a soon to be Critblade, I Have enough points to go 50axe, 44cs, 33stealth and 30env.. this is with 45 autotrain points.
I'm basing my soon to be critblade on RR7. I don't think 95% of the current shadowblades have that luxury. The downside of LA is the base 60% damage(62.5 unspecced) If you don't spec to at least 35+ in LA, you might as well not spec it at all. Your taking a bigger hit in damage with your mainhand then you can make up with the offhand unless you were speccing high enough to use those LA styles pre-nerf.

Midgard has 0 styles that start with an evade in sword or axe(my only choice as a SB) 0. I think most sane people will agree that albs have the single best evade style in the game. hibs have a short stun style based off evade in pierce(I don't know about hib blades)

I think days are going to be darker then most SBs who don't plan to leave realize. I will continue to play because kills aren't important to me. I got tired of the John Wayne "I am uber" attitude long ago. I have more fun directing GT attacks in keep taking or scouting for a group now.

If some people still view the shadowblade as a better design then infiltrators or NS, I'd love to hear the reasoning.

The days of 1 shotting are gone. Epic and SCing took care of that. Mythic managed to fumble their way into a nerf on unstealthing on 1 shot kills(even if you could 1shot someone) This all makes 2H less valuable then it was. My new perf cap with 44+17cs and a 2H 99qua 5.3 cleaver is 1040. There is a infiltrator on Bors who's cap is 780 for perfs with a 2.9 1H weapon.(who do you thik would win if I don't catch her with a perf?) I have chosen to live and die by 1 style(which I think most will agree is fairly tough to land on another assasin)

For those who think it's funny and who gloat on nerfs, remember that you may be next. And when Mythic "tweaks" they do it with a sledgehammer.

~Dabokel Dragonslayer RR7 L2 SB -- Bors
Maester Hand of Odin Stormur Vakten (R.I.P)
Daenerys Hand of Loki Isen Herra (R.I.P)
Rhaegal Hand of Modi Flammen Vakten (R.I.P)

Offline Maester

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2003-04-29, 00:12:28 »

Darkseed

« Reply #2 on: 2003-04-29, 09:39:20 »
The days of 1 shotting are gone. Epic and SCing took care of that.

Is that a bad thing?

Offline Aarween

• SU Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2003-04-29, 10:56:33 »
ofc not bad...

but assasins are the forgotten classes...  except for healers...  what are the classes the assasin should be able to kill?

imo...  casters should have same chanses to win against a assasin as a assasin would have against a (before nerf) Zerker...

as I've heard from guildies there demands no greater luck to win against a infil as a Zerker...

one shotting was lame...  but not assasins owning casters...

Blejs in Dragon raid cg:
"plan is to right pet group not healer never nuke on dragon if mele"

Blejs when Divious asked for grp:
"we got 1fg albs then 1fg more a bit later but fg atm"

Blejs in /os when discussing guild activity:
"förklara att dom var faith alliance grejs som joinade som ett guild osv. om ni vet hur allt var för orkar inte skriva i /guför då kommer jag tvingar att spela"

[17:45:25] <@BO|Blejs>  anyone got busta rhymes new song? that goes like ohoooo oohhoooo

Blejs: simma mot vattnet

[22:29:21] <@snoz> i c u joined SU btw ? ;]
[22:29:35] <@snoz> nice guild ... i tried to fake being swedish to get in .. but they not allow it ;((

Offline Maester

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2003-04-29, 13:25:57 »
that post is mostly a comparison between the assassinclasses since most fights an assassin takes on is against another assassin

Gosmumset

« Reply #5 on: 2003-05-02, 13:30:08 »
The thing is that i can't see the advantage we have against infils?....i can't speak agains NS since i havn't fought as many of those as i have with infils but my feeling is that u win some and u loose some....i don't feel that i get owned by infils and i sure as hell doesn't feel like i own em.

Cale

« Reply #6 on: 2003-05-07, 14:04:53 »
That's because your LA isn't nerfed yet.

Offline Kedaran

• SU Member
    • View Profile
    • http://sveaulvar.com/forum
« Reply #7 on: 2003-05-07, 16:46:46 »
Originally posted by Cale
That's because your LA isn't nerfed yet.

He means it´s pretty even now.

-K.
?